[Coco] Midi and synther

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Fri Nov 18 14:08:55 EST 2016

On Friday 18 November 2016 12:36:12 zathrasldf wrote:

> Yes they are. They are more for note editing than live play.

Says you. At one time about 25 years back up the log, I had ultimuse3
doing 8 channel play back, sending 4 channels out to an MT100 over the
bitbanger, and 4 channels out to a CZ101 with a modified to do midi
speeds Deluxe RS-232 pack.  And it sounded pretty good considering the
cheap samples in those early keyboards.

But I lost interest when it became obvious I could not capture what my
wife, the music teacher for 34 years, could play on either keyboard.
Neither keyboard sent velocity info, just note on/note off's.

Sadly, although I can't speak to Lester Hand's "lyra", Mike K's ultimuse3
never gained a record from midi ability. That would have been a huge
boost to the availability of .ume music we could all play.

> Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
> -------- Original message --------From: Michael Brant
> <brant.michael.l at gmail.com> Date: 2016-11-18  08:27  (GMT-08:00) To:
> CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco at maltedmedia.com>
> Subject: Re: [Coco] Midi and synther Doug aren't lyra snd ulitmuse
> sequencers not live synth programs
>
> On Nov 18, 2016 10:14 AM, "zathrasldf" <zathrasldf at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi.
> > For a gui type there is Lyra (rsdos) and Ultimuse3 (os9/nitros9).
> > Doug
> >

> > Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
> > -------- Original message --------From: Michael Brant <
> > brant.michael.l at gmail.com> Date: 2016-11-18  00:07  (GMT-08:00) To:
> > CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco at maltedmedia.com>
> > Subject: [Coco] Midi and synther
> > Does anyone know of a program like synther 7 that can output MIDI?
> >
> > --

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)