[Coco] reset behavior suggestions?

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Sun Nov 13 12:00:12 EST 2016

On 11/13/2016 1:28 AM, Ciaran Anscomb wrote:
> RETRO Innovations wrote:
>> My initial idea was that A and B would be distinguished by how long one
>> held the reset button.  short press and release: A.  2s+ reset: B
>>
>> But, that requires a "huge" counter in the design, eating up lots of
>> CPLD space. The advantage is only needing to press one button, a button
>> folks are already used to pressing.
> Can you do it by adding a few analogue parts?  A single input fed from
> a cap that's relatively slowly discharged when reset low?  Then power
> up and long-held reset gives you the same input to test...
>
> ..ciaran

Barry suggested that, and I initially discarded it, because I knew I
could do the same with digital.

But...

Now the bill is coming due.  When I ripped out the counter code from the
Verilog, I got 20 macrocells back.  Plenty to add more features :-)

I'll see what RC values are needed for a small delay.

Jim

www.go4retro.com
store.go4retro.com