[Coco] CocoFLASH Production

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Mon Nov 7 21:12:20 EST 2016

On 8/11/2016 1:41 AM, RETRO Innovations wrote:

> So, is there something else needed to support LodeRunner?

Thanks for the explanation!

I have to revisit my memory layout; to be honest I haven't yet designed
how the cartridge mapping was going to work... 4KB banks is good, but I
was planning on being able to swap in/out smaller windows within the
upper 32KB address space. Lode Runner uses the entire lower 32KB for
video memory, graphics data @$8000, code & game data @$C000... so I was
thinking a 4KB window somewhere to be able to load level data - the
original Apple II loaded this directly from disk sectors.

And EEPROM for save game data is awesome! I was going to propose a
'standard' structure so that games from various authors could co-exist,
like a tag/header+length for example, or maybe even a FAT-type scheme...

Regards,
Mark