[Coco] Coco sound 6 bit Dac

Simon Jonassen simon at roust-it.dk
Mon Nov 7 11:25:06 EST 2016

Hey...

the 6bit dac lives at address $ff20, the upper 6bits, you need to route the MUX to use the dac.

potentially you can make 6 1bit channels if you so choose, but the volume will vary per channel...

the best way to implement multichannels is to sum the various values into one single output value

making a music player for a game is quite a challenge as the CPU has to do all the work

I have personally spent ALOT of time making a soundplayer that can be used indemo/ingame

take a look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgNT2gqaAAQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prkZSet3MbM

Please feel free to ask any questions !