[Coco] Drivewire and BBS's

Travis Poppe travispoppe at gmail.com
Thu May 26 21:47:15 EDT 2016

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 10:14:32AM -0500, Ron Klein wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm trying to connect to an online BBS (synchronet) using Twilight Term and
> Drivewire 4 on a real Coco 3.  I thought I read you could just enter the IP
> address as the "phone number", though it doesn't appear to work.  I have
> the term settings configured to use the bit-banger port (default baud rate
> of 2400 - doubt that would even apply).
>
> Is this even possible, and if so, how?

Yes, you can use Twilight Terminal with the DW serial cable to connect
to a system running a telnet server, just not over DriveWire.

There's some program out there called "Virtual Modem" or something, and
it has been discussed on a CoCo forum specifically for use with Twilight
Terminal. I've tried it and it works, but it seems to crash a lot.

Best regards,
--
Travis Poppe
IRC: tlp on irc.freenode.net