[Coco] MC6847 VGA (FPGA) Project underway...

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Thu May 26 14:55:55 EDT 2016

That is the safest way, although it will (partially) break anything that used the text characters intermixed between scanlines, as the characters have shifted within the character cell somewhat, and a few characters have changed (the main one affect by this would be Synapse Software’s Protectors II, and the mixed text characters they used to do the waving people. You will also notice some games that did scores, etc. with regular text to the exact height of the text character (not including extra, unused space on the top and bottom) will also be cut off somewhat, if you exclusively use the Coco 2B/Coco 3 style lowercase VDG mode.

L. Curtis Boyle
curtisboyle at sasktel.net

TRS-80 Color Computer Games website
http://www.lcurtisboyle.com/nitros9/coco_game_list.html