[Coco] MC6847 VGA (FPGA) Project underway...

Brendan Donahe brendan at polylith.com
Thu May 26 09:41:34 EDT 2016

Art,

I had the understanding that SG6 didn't work right on the CoCo, too,
however, it looks to me like it can on some systems, and I don't want to
exclude the Dragon or MC-10.  (Also, I could swear that I saw 6 pixels per
character block in one of Steve Spiller's tests of SG6 on my CoCo 2.  Can
someone describe clearly what is broken?  Is it, perhaps, a limited number
of colors, caused by what pins are tied together on the board?  I obviously
have not spent much time investigating this yet...)

Adding lower case capabilities is something that is on my to-do list,
because I would like to have that, too.  Thanks for letting me know that
this feature is interesting to you.

Thanks,
Brendan