[Coco] deciding to code for OS/9

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Fri May 20 18:44:59 EDT 2016

A number of years ago I worked with a company and we created a control
system that ran under OS9000 on a PC platform.  We had an 8-bit ISA bus
card that was used to transmit hi speed data.  Instead of writing a
driver for it we opted to access the device directly from the programs
we had written.  OS9000 was handy for that because the system was
modular.  We wrote several different programs and were able to
communicate between them.  The system ended up in an entertainment venue
in Las Vegas.  After OS9000 sort of died it was ported to Linux but by
that time I had broken off my relationship with the company.

Dave