[Coco] Need some advice

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu May 19 23:47:10 EDT 2016

Randy, for what you are wanting, OS9's assembler and C compiler are perfect. Just check out what Mike Knudsen crammed into "Ultimuse3" and it's 99% "C", with a couple of small asm routines for speed.
There's more than just multitasking in OS9, there's virtual memory (mem outside the 64k workspace), multiple windows, multiple drive systems, and much, much more.
I hate to plug my own work (not really), but MShell is a fine example. MShell uses 2x64k workspaces, hot swappable subroutines, and virtual memory buffers, not to mention DW4.
And the really cool thing about OS9, it's all built in!

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com