[Coco] FW: Attempting to upgrade a CoCo2

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Wed May 18 23:04:32 EDT 2016

Hi Mike,
I apologize for missing your email.  I have had quite a week last week.  To make a long story short, my dad fell backwards off the back steps, hit his head on the brick patio which turned out to be ok, landed on his left hip which is also ok - just bruised, and he tried to soften his fall with his left hand - ouch!  He hurt his wrist pretty bad and broke both bones in his left arm.  He has since had his left wrist and arm operated on and now has screws in his wrist on a metal plate on the outside bone in his left arm.  The other bone was already aligned so the surgeon left it alone.  I now affectionately call him "RoboPOP"!  His healing is progressing.
Now for you request to get OS-9 or NitrOS-9 running on your Coco 3 with 512KB Ram and 6309 cpu chip and two floppy drives.  Before I make my recommendation, do you have a serial cable connected to the Serial I/O port on your Coco3 with the other end of the cable connected to a serial port on the RS-232 serial port of a windows PC to access Drivewire 4?
If so, I can create a NitrOS-9 image to boot from the PC through Drivewire 4.  If not, I will need to create a couple floppies for which I will need the format of the floppy drives you have connected to the Coco 3.  Once I have this information, I will then be able to create the NitrOS-9 image you need.  Take care my friend.

Kip Koon
computerdoc at sc.rr.com