[Coco] CoCo OS-9, a short simple explanation

Francis Swygert farna at att.net
Tue May 17 06:46:58 EDT 2016

The reason some people think of it as a programming language instead of an OS is because it's command line driven. Yes, Linux can still be used from a command line -- but it typically isn't except for programming and making modifications. You can use a graphical user interface (GUI) like DeskMate with OS-9, but the 6809 really doesn't have the power for a GUI. There are some text based menu interfaces like the new M-Shell (I think that's it... and I think it's text based, haven't tried it) that work very well to make things easier though, and don't take a lot of processor power like a graphics screen does. Frank Swygert
 Fix-It-Frank Handyman Service
 803-604-6548