[Coco] the future of the NitrOS-9 wiki

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sat May 7 18:07:56 EDT 2016

After reading the old "Logo" thread mentioned, I assume the turtle found on TandyCoco.com is the one Brian was working on (it's his site), Steve Bjork's is still on Coco4.com, and the one Tormod found in the old wiki is the one Boisy was working on. Mike Delyea's turtle is the only one missing from the links.
I like Brian's turtle with the wheels... a little tweeking and it could be perfect.
I could dig up my old 3-D stuff and make Brian's turtle completely 3-D with animation and we could position him in any pose we want :-)

As for the wiki... here is a lot of work that needs to be done. There's a lot of "mis-spellings" in most of the docs due to "OCR". Someone would really need to go through them (with NitrOS-9 knowledge) and do some editing. We finally got an OCRed version of the Basic09 manual a couple of years ago, but the Multi-Vue, TS Edit (vim), and several others need to be OCRed. In fact, anything OS9 oriented needs OCRing.
My local copies of the wiki docs have been constantly "edited" as I found mistakes (in MS Word doc format), I've tried to correct anything I come across as I'm browsing or looking up something. There's several system calls in the tech ref manual that were never finished (no entry or exit conditions), and some that could use a bit more info for sure.

I would be willing to help with the docs (when I have time), but we need an organized method so that one person's completed efforts are not wiped out by someone else's who just uploads without updating their own from the current edits before uploading their edits.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com