[Coco] Transferring software from PC to Coco2 with RS-232 pak?

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Mon Mar 21 09:44:30 EDT 2016

I would get a different terminal program (Greg-E-Term, or MikeyTerm are good ones on the Coco 2). I don’t think the built in RS-232 pak even supported XModem, did it?
You won’t be able to use .CAS files, though, unless you save them to disk and write a program to transfer them to cassette. Since you mentioned that you have a disk drive, you can download .BIN, .BAS, etc. files (there are some .BIN files available directly on my website for some of the game downloads) to your PC, and then send those over to your Coco using Xmodem using one of the above programs, to disk, and they should just work at that point.

L. Curtis Boyle
curtisboyle at sasktel.net