[Coco] toolshed beta release

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Mar 20 18:10:05 EDT 2016

Tormod, the 256/512 byte sector reference in hdbdos is that the emulators use 256 byte sectors (hdbdw3ccx, hdbdw3bcx, & hdbdw3bck), real HDs such as SCSI and IDE use 512 byte sectors (all other hdbxxxccx) so it's most likely a case of what you are using and toolshed (for the most part) only works with virtual disks so I don't see why 512 bytes would even be mentioned. In my case (at the moment), I am dealing with virtual disks, so 256 byte sectors is what I'm dealing with.
 All of this should have nothing to do with decb's copy as it accesses virtual disk images. I would think it always uses 256 byte sectors.

If "decb copy nos9boot.dsk yourdisk.vhd,:255" will copy EVERY sector of the disk (including empty/hidden secotrs), then that should work.

I am having to rebuild my mingw/mercurial/lwtools/toolshed repos as I've just upgraded to Windows 10 and had reformatted my HD, so I'm just starting at getting everything back in place. So, it will be an hour or two before I can try the command and see what happens.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com