[Coco] Commercial applications of OS-9

David Gettle david17361 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 15:06:27 EDT 2016

Cool, there was another commercial application done of OS-9(6809), that I
am aware of, but that was level1...

The owner of the Delmar Delaware RadioShack (franchise store) used a CoCo2
and Sculptor to build the database that was used by RadioShack to run their
inventory management and POS system until they switched their systems from
Zenix to windows in the 1990's That store used a CoCo2 and OS-9 as the
server for it's POS system. The CoCo2 also ran the point of sale software
for Delmar Computer, which operated out of the same storefront.

I had the good fortune to have met him before he passed away.