[Coco] Orchestra-90CC and CoCoSDC with MPI

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 01:06:23 EDT 2016

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 7:16 PM, Travis Poppe wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Have any of you successfully read .orc files from a mounted DSK with the
> CoCoSDC and Orchestra-90CC pak?
>
> I've got the SDC in slot 4 of the MPI and a disk mounted. I switch to
> the ORCH90 pak in slot 1 and reboot, then attempt to DIR drive 0. The
> SDC flashes, but the pak doesn't return anything.
>
> I wonder if it requires a real floppy disk controller to work?

I just ran a test and didn't have any problem.  I used a 64K CoCo 1 with
MPI, Orch90 in slot 1, SDC in slot 4. The steps I performed were:

- Booted system with MPI switch at 4  (SDC).
- Mounted new disk image: DRIVE 0,"ORCH90.DSK",NEW
- Entered POKE &HFF7F,0  to auto-start Orch90 pak.
- Scored and Played the William Tell demo.
- Selected Disk mode:  D  [ENTER]
- Saved to disk:  W WILLTELL [ENTER]
- Displayed directory:  D 0: [ENTER]
- Load same file:  R WILLTELL [ENTER]