[Coco] IDE interfaces

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Tue Mar 15 22:25:03 EDT 2016

On 16/03/2016 10:28 AM, RETRO Innovations wrote:

> It'd be interesting to see how small one could make the interface. If
> one used a flash ROM IC and a CPLD, I think one could put an IDE
> controller with IDE and CF into a 2.2"x2" form factor.  That's be small
> enough for any use, no?

My FPGA Coco and FPGA Model I both use the opencores IDE controller to
interface a CF to the respective machines; in the former case
Glenside/Cloud9 IDE for use with HDBDOS and in the latter, compatible
with Peter Bartlett's Model I/LDOS enhancements.

The IDE core is dead simple, and I wouldn't be surprised if it would run
as-in in a CPLD with appropriate clocking.

Regards,