[Coco] IDE interfaces

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Mar 15 12:29:22 EDT 2016

The person to contact about the Glenside IDE is Brian Goers:

briang0671 at sbcglobal.net

The last I heard, they only had a couple left.

I have one of the IDE units and it works great. They have the option for up to two card slots (coco style), so you can use a disk controller with the unit without an MPI. The only problem is there are no slot guides, so you must make sure it is lined up right in the slot.
I'm running a 40gig IDE drive (tons of wasted space), using only two 4gig partitions, and a smaller one for RSDOS (HDBDOS). I've yet to get one of the CF adapters to use CF cards (I want one), but I know of a couple of people who do and they work fine.

Some of the Brazillian Coco guys used the schematic from the Glenside unit and made a more "modern" solution that was smaller wih less parts (and fit the slot better). Maybe we could talk them into letting go of the schematic and get Ed to whip some up :-)

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com