[Coco] CoCoSDC question.

Travis Poppe travispoppe at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 20:37:07 EDT 2016

On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 06:03:40PM -0600, Darren A wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 5:02 PM, Doug Fraser wrote:
>
> > I've got a situation where I need to replace my Burke n Burke hard drives
> > with an SD card setup. Under Nitros9 does the CoCoSDC behave like a hard
> > drive?
>
> The CoCo SDC uses disk image files stored on the SD card. Those can be
> floppy disk images or hard disk images.
>
> There are some 4MB Nitros9 images for the SDC that are included in the
> standard release builds:
>  <http://nitros9.sourceforge.net/snapshot/>
>
> I believe others here on the list have built larger images for the SDC (up
> to 128MB).

Barry Nelson released a NitrOS9/RS-DOS VHD for use with the CoCoSDC. You
mount the image under SDC-DOS, then switch over to a special version of
HDB-DOS flashed to one of the banks on the SDC (e.g. run @3.)

Then, NitrOS9 is launched normally with the 'DOS' command and has access
to all of that space.

If you search the list, you can find his messages talking about it.

Best regards,
--
Travis Poppe
IRC: tlp on irc.freenode.net