[Coco] Version 0.1.20 of CMOC C-like compiler released

Pierre Sarrazin sarrazip at sarrazip.com
Fri Mar 11 00:02:17 EST 2016

Dixit Bill Pierce (2016-03-08 18:58):
> Pierre, how hard would it be to add the option for position
> independant coding & OS9 style headers for CMOK ouput?  It would
> be nice to have something to use for OS9 cross-compiling in C
> (just a thought).

As Jamie stated, CMOC always generates position independent
code. The --os9 option generates an OS-9 executable instead of
a Disk Basic one. You can look at the .asm file to see how CMOC
generates the header.

The OS-9 support is rudimentary. I was able to compile and run a
printf() statement. I am not very familiar with OS-9, so taking
CMOC further along that path will require input from seasoned
OS-9 programmers.

--
Pierre Sarrazin <sarrazip @ sarrazip . com>