[Coco] CoCo programs from the "Color Computer Disk System" user manual

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Mon Mar 7 19:42:30 EST 2016

Tony Cappellini wrote:
> Does anyone know if the DEB programs from the "Color Computer Disk System"
> user manual exist on an DSK image?
>
> I want to play around with these, but don't want to type them in from
> scratch. (to minimize a flare up of my repetitive motion injury (precursor
> to carpal tunnel).
>
> For that matter, the same goes for the BASIC program in the Color BASIC and
> Extended Color BASIC manuals.
>
> If they are online and in DSK format, what are the names of the DSK images?
>

> Thanks
>

> Tony

Tony,

Probably there is no such disk but I could be wrong. However, you have another
way of creating such a disk without typing in the programs.

The http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/coco/Documents/Manuals/Hardware/ has two
entries that seem to be what you want.

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/coco/Documents/Manuals/Hardware/Color%20Computer%20Disk%20System%20(Tandy).pdf

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/coco/Documents/Manuals/Hardware/Color%20Computer%20Disk%20System%20Programming%20Manual%20(Tandy).pdf

The emulator MESS offers the possibility of pasting programs into Coco memory.
The result is identical to you typing in such a program.
So, obtain a .pdf of the Disk Sytem manual, copy a program listing, paste it
into MESS with Coco emulation running, and save the program to a .dsk image. You
can run the programs from MESS, VCC, or mount the .dsk image in Drivewire and
run the programs on a real Coco.

Hope the above helps.

Robert