[Coco] Glenside IDE controller

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Sat Jun 25 11:35:43 EDT 2016

Hi Pere,
The latest version of NitrOS-9 v3.3.0 will support the Glenside IDE Controller.  The drivers are RBSuper and LLIDE and the Drive Descriptors are I0, I1, IH (for HDB-DOS).  They have to be manually ezgen'd into the OS9Boot file from the /dd/nitros9/6809L2/modules/rbf directory.  Just merge the following files together and run the attr command give the resulting file executable access.  The files you need to put together if some of them are not already in OS9Boot are:
	RBSuper.dr
	LLIDE.dr
	I0_IDE.dd
	I1_IDE.dd
	IH_IDE.dd
You can check the contents of /dd/os9boot with the following command.
	Ident -s /dd/os9boot
The -s means brief output for each module.
If I remember correctly I1_IDE.dd still points to Hard Drive 0 instead of 1 and is named I0 as well.  This has never been corrected since at least version 2.8 so execute the following command while still in the /dd/nitros9/6809L2/modules/rbf directory before merging the files to correct this issue.
	dmode -i1_ide.dd nam=i1 drv=1
I'm going off memory as I am away from home situated at my favorite table in Mickey D's at the moment so please forgive me if there is a mistake in these directions.
Merge all these modules into a file with the following merge command:
	merge RBSuper.dr LLIDE.dr IO_IDE.dd I1_IDE.dd IH_IDE.dd>hddrvrs
Give hddrvrs execute access
	attr hddrvrs e pe
Copy hddrvrs to /dd/cmds with this command.
	copy hddrvrs /dd/cmds/hddrvrs
Load these drivers manually any time you need HD/CF/SD access (with the appropriate adapters, etc. of course) with the follow command.
	load hddrvrs
You can also use ezgen to insert these five files into the OS9Boot file so they are automatically loaded, but that is a bit tricky to do so I would suggest using this method for now to access your Glenside IDE controller.  Later on after you get ezgen and learn it, then you will have the system loading these modules automatically.
Brian Goers originally sold me my Glenside IDE Controller so he would know where to obtain the 2 - 40 pin card edge connectors.  His email address is
briang0671 at sbcglobal.net
Others on the list may have some of these connectors on hand as well.  You might inquire on the list.  I found a vender a while back that I think might have these type of connectors, but I will have to figure out who they are again.
Well, I think that is about it for now.  If you have any questions, just ask.  Take care my friend.

Kip Koon
computerdoc at sc.rr.com