[Coco] What is the next "step" in my education?

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Fri Jun 24 14:53:28 EDT 2016

With PEEKs and POKEs, there's both a "dumb user" and a "smart user"
approach.  The "dumb user" approach is to just find a reference that lists
some of them and use them where needed, without understanding how they
work.  There's a booklet called something like "500 PEEKs, POKEs, and
EXECs" that was published by Microcom and is probably somewhere in the
database associated with this list.

The "smart user" approach involves a lot more work:  you have to both learn
6809 assembly language and also familiarize yourself with what is in the
CoCo ROMs.  There's a complete disassembly of the ROMs available online in
the "Unravelled" series of books from Spectral Associates, but to make much
sense of them, you probably have to know assembler.  Though the books have
a lot of technical information in them besides the disassembly, so it is
possible that they might be somewhat helpful in any case.

Art