[Coco] Emulator question?

Salvador Garcia salvadorgarciav at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 23 17:41:04 EDT 2016

I saw your video. Interesting, but it left me with some questions. Before I asked here I decided to download the MC-10 emulator and give it a go myself. Fantastic!

It is way too easy:

1. Download emulator.
2. Double click EXE file (or icon) - no setup or installation necessary!
3. Type in the BASIC program in Notepad or any other text editor (I guess the only caveat is that it supports the special characters, as shown in your video)
4. Select Quicktype of the emulator, navigate to the program file's folder and select the program.
5. Enter RUN in the emulator.

I mis-typed part of the BASIC program, got the SN error, corrected in Notepad and went back to the emulator's Quicktype option. Fixed!

About the only note is that the BASIC program should be saved in a .TXT file since the quick type open dialog defaults to this, but that can easily be changed in that same dialog to list all files, so any extension can be used. Regards, Salvador