[Coco] [Color Computer] Trying to connect my CoCo2

abqpenmaster abqpenmaster at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 13:56:01 EDT 2016

I just searched Craigslist and found a 13" color TV for $10. Works great!
Sean R

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
-------- Original message --------From: "shadow at shadowgard.com [ColorComputer]" <ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com> Date: 6/23/16  5:50 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: "maniacalelvis at yahoo.com [ColorComputer]" <ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com> Subject: Re: [Coco] [Color Computer] Trying to connect my CoCo2
On 22 Jun 2016 at 15:30, maniacalelvis at yahoo.com [Colo wrote:

>  Hi there,
>

>  I'm trying to get my CoCo2 connected to my new age TV and running
>  into some trouble.  I have a RF to Coax converter to plug into the
>  antenna but I see a messed up screen when trying to do this.
>

>  I am on the same channel as the computer (tried both 3 and 4) and
>  only see a distorted screen when the channels match.  Not sure if my
>  computer is not working or the connection to the TV.
>

>  Any guidance or things to troubleshoot?  I still have the old game
>  switch but I don't think I need it anymore as I don't need to jump
>  between computer and antenna.

How old is the TV? Modern TVs do *digital* TV signals. The CoCo is
putting out *analog* TV signals. They aren't compatible.

You may need something to convert the analog TV signal to composite
video and feed that into a composite in jack on the TV. One cheap way
is to pick up an old VCR.

--
Leonard Erickson (aka shadow)
shadow at shadowgard dot com