[Coco] VCC on Mac

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Mon Jun 13 11:34:06 EDT 2016

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 11:18:32AM -0400, Bill Pierce via Coco wrote:

> After all this is done, there are plans to convert the code
> to another format (away from C/C++) that's easier to compile as
> cross-platform.

I can't help but cringe when I read something like this.  Very few
languages deliver on cross-platform promises. Yet despites the
supposed shortcomings of C/C++ in this regard, the multi-platform
reach of programs written in C and C++ is vast and proven by history.

Might I inquire as to what is the plan here?  Does it really justify
the cost of a rewrite?

John