[Coco] The Problem with flawed networking options

Brett Gordon beretta42 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 13:48:28 EDT 2016

Most certainly.

In the esp8266's case, you would indeed reprogram it.  There is a SDK.
Though, I think you really need hardware uart flow control.  The stock
esp8266 boards that I've seen seem to lack the correct gpios routed to do
this.  Maybe just skip the UART design and go to a SPIO ? SPIO drivers tend
to be pretty big and hairy in the coco environment, though.

In Drivewire's case, the current Drivewire 4 specification does not allow
for extensions. So officially, no.  Unofficially, there's been *some*
people messing with it ;)  So yes... it too can be changed.