[Coco] Fwd: IP packets on my coco

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Thu Jun 9 22:49:36 EDT 2016

On 6/8/2016 11:52 PM, Michael Furman wrote:
> I have done some experiments with using an esp8266 as a transparent serial bridge for my cocos before.  Can you elaborate on what the issue is?  I did get it working with my coco3pfga at 230400 baud but had some trouble getting it to go faster.
It does fine for single tasking, but managing multiple open connections
at one time can be a problem.

Also, the uart-interface has challenges at high bps rates.

I would suggest two things:

  * Move the high speed serial interface to the SPI pins on the
    esp8266.  That, along with a small shift register and a clock that
    goes at 10MHz or so, you can get 10Mbps rates into the esp, which
    helps a lot
  * Fix the multi-session support in esp, or rip it out and replace.

Jim