[Coco] Fwd: IP packets on my coco

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Thu Jun 9 21:02:18 EDT 2016

On 6/9/2016 12:38 PM, Dave Philipsen wrote:
> So why are we necessarily limiting our scope to the rtl8019 and
> cs8900a?  Just to throw out another option: has anyone looked at the
> CP2200 from Silicon Labs?
> http://www.silabs.com/Support%20Documents/TechnicalDocs/CP2200.pdf
I saw it, but:

  * It requires 3v3.  Nothing bad about that, just need to add a
    regulator and some caps.  Still, it's an add.  The easiest way to
    handle it is via CPLD, but then the advantage of the Motorola bus
    format is lost (the CPLD can easily generate the WR/RD signals.
  * Seems to be feature parity with the other options.
  * Lack of hobbyist code
  * The other options are more available on the bulk secondary market

It does offer a 8kB flash that can be used to store the MAC address, so
that's a plus.  It's a weak strength, compared to other things, but I'm
game to go forward with it.

Jim