[Coco] Fwd: IP packets on my coco

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Wed Jun 8 13:53:52 EDT 2016

On 6/8/2016 12:13 PM, Brett Gordon wrote:
> Hmm..after less than great ping times, I dear say the IRQ is more important
> than the CRC.  We still have a ton of work hooking every thing up to the
> net stack in fuzix.  And i definitely want to see how this performs before
> a bunch of people do work for a nic card.  Jim, I guess if it work ok for
> the C64 crowd, then I'm not too worried about  coco handling IP (and even
> the eth CRC) itself.
The lack of IRQ is not a showstopper, but then again, other systems
don't have OS/9.

Let me see how quickly I can cobble up a proto rtl8019 and send it out
(need to create a !IOREAD and !IOWRITE signal and invert IRQ, as the IC
follows the Intel signalling conventions.

For testing, where would you like to see the unit show up in the address
map?  I *think* you only need 16 bytes of address to use it (cs8900a
needs only 8), but it decodes 32 bytes, so the prototype should probably
expose the full 32 bytes (ff4x and $ff6x for the high bank, working
around the need for SuperIDE, or $ff5x/6x assuming you'll use a
CocoSDC/Floppy?)

Jim