[Coco] IP packets on my coco

Mark Marlette mmarlette at frontiernet.net
Mon Jun 6 17:16:04 EDT 2016

Aaron,

All of the development I am currently doing is based upon using Drivewire commands to/from the host. The host can be a PC(the original DriveWire sense), an Atmel AVR(as in my case) or a DEx(as in Gary's case). Using existing commands, if present, if not creating my own.

It is then the responsibility of the host to perform the low level functions to get the jobs done. Apps written this way can careless what the base hardware actually is. It talks at a higher command level and the host performs all the low level functions and all low level / high level conversions.
This is the basis as well for the MP3/WAV sound processing, Ethernet, Bluetooth and WiFi development currently going on at Cloud-9.

Spoke briefly on this at the fest this past year, could spend a whole seminar on this alone. Routines for DNS, NO-IP client, Ping, SMTP, SNTP, UDP, WhatsMyIP are some of the current low level routines already functioning. These are on the Wiznet platform, eight sockets currently available. Off loading this to another device, to free up the CoCo to process other tasks.

Not wishing to hijack Brett's original thread.......

Regards,

Mark Marlette
http://www.cloud9tech.com
mark at cloud9tech.com