[Coco] IP packets on my coco

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Mon Jun 6 15:32:03 EDT 2016

The ESP8266 itself.  In a full-blown networking implementation you would
be able to have multiple connections all going at the same time.  This
would be difficult with the ESP8266 as it stands now. The fact of the
matter is, if you use the ESP8266 for a DECB program it will be more
than adequate as you won't be doing any multi-tasking where other
programs would need to access it at the same time.  If you wanted to use
it under NitrOS9 which could also require that you write a device driver
for it, then you may have a problem running multiple programs
simultaneously that would be using the internet.

As I said, though, it's possible that someone could re-write the
firmware of the ESP8266 to make it work.  There are already people out
there who are customizing it.

Dave