[Coco] Drivewire Mac OS X

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 11:06:55 EDT 2016

I think coco3fpga uses second cpu (a 6502) to do housekeeping chores, at
least it used to.  The old Commodore 64 had a cpu in each floppy drive,
Various other computer designs from early mainframes with I/O controllers
to TCP/IP offload cards used computers attached to computers.   And then of
course we have modern examples like  network file servers, NAS, and "the
cloud".

I've heard "I don't like the idea of having a computer attached to the
coco" expressed many ways of the years I worked on Drivewire, often said by
people who build things that are essentially computers and connect them to
the Coco :)  I think it's mostly just perspective and form factor.

$0.02
-Aaron