[Coco] Project Sneak Peek

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Wed Jul 20 20:26:03 EDT 2016

What is the entire purpose of the ATMega328 on the board? Is it what
controls the PWM (it's more than capable) - or does it serve some other
purpose (perhaps as a controller or something between the other IC and
the RAM)?

If it does control the PWM, how much control is allowed (short of
re-writing the firmware on the 328 - which I am sure someone will do)?
I'm just imagining something akin to the sound synth software that was a
part of the Craft demo (which used a chip very similar to the 328, and
essentially simulated a SID).

Even if all that were possible were to pull small wav/envelope samples
off the SD card (or upload from the coco) and play back multiple voices
(3 or 4) mixed together - that would be an excellent upgrade for the
sound. Anything that didn't hog the CPU.

--
Andrew L. Ayers
Glendale, Arizona