[Coco] MShell and CoCo3FPGA with Analog Board

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Jul 10 18:32:07 EDT 2016

Stephen, I think I see the problem. I think I forgot to upload the updated menu file "ms1a.men" (or it is corrupted). Give me a few minutes and I should have it uploaded. If this doesn't fix it, then something is not not right in the CocoFPGA version of NitrOS9 as this all works perfectly in Vcc running NitrOS9 v3.3.0 and did work fine on my real Coco before I took it down.
There may be a slight chance that the MSHell, the CocoFPGA and DW4 are having a slight timing problem and mangling the last file updated (Ms1A.men). This would cause what you are seeing as well as it sounds like everything is working, just menus not showing correctly, therefore not selecting correctly. This all ties back to the ms1.men file which holds all the menus, their loacations and relations.

The only other thing I can think of is that the CocoFPGA is not reading the mouse coordinates correctly. Seeing as how older versions of MShell have worked for you, I don't think this is the case.

To see if the updater is mangling the file, try using the disk image from the MShell site, using the "install". I just updated it as well

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23059963/MShell/MShell%201.0.3v.zip

As usual, let me know the results. I really appreciate the testing. I have fixed many things this way :-)

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com