[Coco] ROM Cart registers

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Sun Jan 31 11:08:06 EST 2016

On 1/31/2016 8:34 AM, Robert Gault wrote:
> RETRO Innovations wrote:
>> Does anyone know the specifics on the SuperIDE, Cloud-9 FLASH cart,
>> or CocoSDC
>> FLASH register layout?
>>
>> I know the bottom 2 bits of $ff59 (default) on teh SuperIDE and the
>> Cloud-9
>> FLASH cart are the bank register, but not much else as yet.
>>
>> Anyone?
>>

> This is not exactly what you asked but could be a compatibility issue.
>
> Your cart uses $FF58-$FF5C for control registers. This overlaps the
> alternate SCII control registers for the Disto Super Controller.
> So with an MPI holding both an SCII disk controller, a Ken-Ton SCSI
> interface, and your ROM cart, there will be conflicts in Disto no-halt
> mode as the Ken-Ton uses $FF74-$FF77 forcing the SCII to use $FF58-$FF5F.
The MPI specifically handles this, by gating the SCS lines to each
slot.  With a slot selected on the MPI, the SCS line is only sent to
that slot.  Thus, only that slot will respond to those $ffxx addresses.
Thus, in the MPI, you can technically have 4 of the same type of
controller (with the same exact configuration settings) respond on the bus

Your statements are correct if someone uses a "y" adapter or something
that allows all signals to go to both devices.  In that case, there is
absolutely a conflict.