[Coco] SuperIDE behavior question

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Sun Jan 31 00:55:04 EST 2016

With the borrowed SuperIDE I have here, I am seeing something
interesting when I pair it with another cartridge.

It appears that SuperIDE (and I assume the mini-Flash) assert /SLENB on
any access from $ff50 to $ff5f (when the unit is configured to reside at
$ff50-$ff59).  This happens even when the unit is not selected on an
MPI, and I have verified that SCS is not activated on the slot that the
SuperIDE sits on.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?  It is easily recreated, so I am
pretty sure it is by design.

Dealing with this in the MPI might be difficult.  I seems like it would
require routing the SLENB lines through the CPLD, requiring more IO than
I might have available.

Anyone with an idea of why a SUperIDE would do this when it is not
selected (via SCS)?

Jim

www.go4retro.com
store.go4retro.com