[Coco] Need Driver for USB to RS232 TTL UART cable

Louis Ciotti lciotti1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 12:56:22 EST 2016

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 4:18 AM, Kip Koon <computerdoc at sc.rr.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> This cable was recommended to me so I have bought the following item off
> ebay.
>
> < http://www.ebay.com/itm/171359939118>
>
> I need a Windows 7 x64 driver for it.  I know there are some people who use
> this cable, I just don't remember where the driver comes from.  I could not
> find a driver link on the Ebay ad.  I was told that this is a good cable to
> use.  Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Kip,

Unfortunatly the prolific chips have been "prolificly" copied and
counterfieted.  If the current drive via windows or the prolific website
does not work then your chip is mostlikely a fake, and judging by the
location of the auction which you linked to I am about 90% sure it is a
fake.  That being said, there are places where you can get older version of
the driver, but you need to locate one that will work with your version of
windows.

Lou