[Coco] Desired RESET behavior

camillus gmail camillus.b.58 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 00:26:48 EST 2016

HI,

Would it be possible to put a sort of counter Ic In the reset line. ( eg 4017 ).
The
output 1 = nc
output 2 goes to reset except to bank reg (back into game or applic)
output 3 goes to reset with reg ( back to menu )
output 4 goes to reset 4017 so the loop can start over.
 Reset button must clock 4017 ( 555 can be used as one shot to eliminate bounce)

meaning 1 rest push, all is reset but bank reg
second push is reset all ( incl. 4017)

If a dual 555 timer ic is used then you can make a delay, that would reset the 4017 after a certain given time. say 2 sec.
This 555 would be triggered after each reset push and the output should reset only the 4017.
This is needed to start the loop from beginning. If the 4017 is not reset then it would go ahead and  reset all after the second time when reset is pushed, and it is exactly that behavior you want to avoid.

Pro's : no ram, no code
Con  : extra HW(*)  ( 4017, dual 555, sockets( if trough-hole)
(*) unless this logic can be done in CLPD

Just a theoretical idea..

If you like the idea I can try to make a little schematic.

cb