[Coco] I would like some help please

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Jan 25 22:35:26 EST 2016

On Monday 25 January 2016 21:48:27 Richard Hawk wrote:

> I am running vcc 1.4.3b with vccemudisk.vhd
>

> I was reading all over the internet to get this printing through
> drivewire 4,  and I came up with
> http://sourceforge.net/p/drivewireserver/wiki/OS9_Modules/ To use
> DriveWire printing, load the driver scdwp.dr and the descriptor
> p_scdwp.dd. This will add the device /p to your system, which delivers
> anything sent to it to the DriveWire virtual printer.
>

> Well not sure how to load it so I took a guess.  I
> cd/nitros9/6809l2/bootlists and seen (2) files dw.bl and standard.bl.
>

> Well I edited the two files and took out the * in front the
> ../modules/scf/scdwp.dr and also ../modules/scf/p_scdwp.dd
>

> Then I quit the editor and closed out vcc and restarted it
>
> I type at the shell <load drivewire_mods>  and I can get the drive in
> drive wire to work but I cannot get the dir /p to work keeps saying
> error221 module not found

That IIRC would be correct as /p is a write only device. IF the drivewire
server is set to save the text file that you 'list filename >/p' and you
have downloaded and installed the stuff I call coco_print, then the file
will be detected, picked up and moved to a 25 count round robin
directory and sent to the printer you have configured into the
coco_print files, running it thru the "cups" printing system.  All
automatic. I have mine setup to drive a cheap B&W Brother laser printer
right on the coco's desktop. It fires up and spits it out at about 18
pages a minute in a much more legible font than any of our older coco
printers could do. It starts up about 2 or 3 seconds after you get your
os9 prompt back from doing the listing.

Get to it by adding to the url in the sig, "/Genes-os9-stf" w/o the
quotes of course, and get

dwstart,
cocodw,
coco_print, and the
coco_print-README

which will help you configure it to your linux system.

Its all just some bash (shell) scripts that you can edit as directed in
the readme to make it fit your linux system.

Sorry, no windows stuff allowed on the premises.  You may be able to make
it work on a later Mac too.  Thats a variation of BSD Unix so the ideas
are at least similar.

> Sorry for being a pain in the ass  any help would be appreciated

Glad you asked, I get to blow my own horn :)

There is another printing option in dw, it can also generate an image of
the page that when printed, looks like it came from an old old pin
pounder printer called an FX-80.  But that dot matrix font is an insult
to ones eyes IMO.

> Thanks a lot
>

> Richard Hawk
>

> Rhawk1 at centurylink.net