[Coco] New MPI project for brazilian clones

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Thu Jan 21 14:32:57 EST 2016

On 1/21/2016 1:19 PM, Michael Brant wrote:
> So Jim does this mean there with be an addon to take the slot number to 8?
At this point, I just wanted to make sure the firmware and the design
would support it.  I don't know if it makes sense to do so.
But, there are 2 IDE connectors on each cable.  And, there is a "bank
switch" on the board.  So, if I designed the firmware right, you could
plug two of the larger boards into the 2 IDE slots, set one to be bank
2, and then have 8 slots.

The pinout on the IDE cables will support a unit with up to 16 slots,
though I am not sure that is physically feasible.

Jim