[Coco] Alterea and Intel

Zippster zippster278 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 22:45:02 EST 2016

Hopefully they will have the good sense to leave something that’s working
very well alone (Altera).  But maybe they’ll have some good ideas if they don’t.

I don’t know that you’d really want all that support circuitry in the FPGA, it would
raise the cost and turn a super flexible concept into something more specialized.
They do have FPGAs with an onboard hard processor (ARM) and associated
peripherals available already. <https://www.altera.com/products/fpga/features/cyv-soc-hps.html <https://www.altera.com/products/fpga/features/cyv-soc-hps.html>>

They are expensive ICs, starting at around $50 a chip for the lowest model.
Really powerful combination though.

- Ed