[Coco] rom swap with eprom?

Steve C. towmater at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 11:23:02 EST 2016

It didn't quite go down as planned, I put HDB-DOS at 0000 then tested the
cart, when it didn't work I thought maybe I didn't quite get the MSB
address wiring, so I put another copy of HDB-DOS at 4000. When that didn't
work, I realized that 4000 is halfway through a 256 rom, and the Commodore
page talked about a 128 rom, so I then put another HDB-DOS copy at 2000.

When that didn't work, and I'd rechecked all of my wiring, I flowed a layer
of solder onto the card-edge pins, after a couple of no-go's, it began to
work relatively consistently once the pins had "cleaned themselves" from a
few insertions.