[Coco] Noob 6809 ASM programmer looking for tips

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Mon Jan 11 22:39:54 EST 2016

Ricardo M. Ferreira wrote:
> Hello again, and sorry for the late replies.
>
> BTW, does anyone know if there is a framework for Coco games (with functions for
> keyboard / joystick, sprites, sounds, music, etc.)?

Unfortunately there is not. You will need to write your own programs either in
Basic or machine language. If you decide on ml, you should study the Spectral
Associates series, "Extended Basic Unravelled", "Disk Basic Unravelled", and
"Super Extended Basic Unravelled". These books at several sites on the Internet
are dis-assemblies of the Basic ROMs with discussions, many comments, and lists
of access locations for the functions you requested. It won't be easy but it is
possible to include jumps to ROM code in your won ml programs.

I just wish S.A. had spelled the titles correctly; Unraveled!

Robert