[Coco] CoCo

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Sat Jan 9 19:38:54 EST 2016

Hi Guys,

After looking at Stacy's CoCo 2 collection and reading the comment about a
CoCo Supercomputer, I remembered reading about a cluster of Commodore 64s
that were connected together into a supercomputer like system.  I have been
wondering for a long while now about what it would take to create CoCo
Supercomputer cluster utilizing as many CoCos as we could get together in
one place and even over the internet now that we have Drivewire 4
capabilities.  What do you all think?  Please keep the comments as positive
as possible.  I do appreciate any serious thoughts, ideas and comments that
could lead toward this goal.  Who knows how long this would take.  I'd like
to ultimately see all possible Coco 1s, 2s, 3s, CoCo3FPGAs, Multicomp09s,
and any other platform that can run 6809 software like NitrOS-9 come
together.  I'm thinking that maybe NitrOS-9 could be used for this purpose
since it has proven to be an excellent adaptable 6809/6309 Operating system.
I think this would be a very interesting project for the community as a
whole.  Has anybody else been thinking along these lines?

Kip Koon

 <mailto:computerdoc at sc.rr.com> computerdoc at sc.rr.com

 <http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/Kip_Koon>