[Coco] DriveWire

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 16:17:09 EST 2016

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 7:28 PM, Bill Pierce via Coco
<coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
> Tormod, to correct a misperception, The becker port runs at the same speed on emulators regardless of overclocking speed.
> The Becker port uses TCP which is handled by the PC, not the emulated machine. The data packet is ALWAYS sent at the fastest possible speed the PC itself can handle regardless of the speed of the emulation. The TCP transfer is an "outside" process and not actually part of the emulation.

Yes, I am well aware of this.

What I was talking about was the timeout in the Becker routines in the
client. If it doesn't hear back from the server in a certain time
(nominally 0.25s) it should abort and report failure to the caller.
The time to wait is determined by CPU cycles. So if you run in an
overclocked emulator the X number of cycles will have passed much
quicker than 0.25s.

Tormod