[Coco] OT: gcc debugging was Re: OS-9 C Compiler

Lee Patterson lee at 8bitcoder.com
Thu Feb 18 12:41:56 EST 2016

I'm probably jumping in half way through this thread. But Java debugging can be done in the Eclipse IDE (another popular IDE is InteliJ IDEA). You can single stop over each line of code, inspect variables, set watches, set break points. It works really well. Over all debugging is very good. I'm also very happy with source browsing; being able to find classes, calls to a method, etc.

There is a package for C/C++ at http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-ide-cc-developers/mars1 but I have not tried compiling via CMOC.

The 8-bit Coder
www.8BitCoder.com