[Coco] NitrOS9 L1 (6809) + SDC - DRIVE OFF issues...

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 10:58:08 EST 2016

Apologies if this has been covered and answered before, did search the
archive for a similar post and had no returns. So...

Been playing with my CoCo 1 and the second to last release of NitrOS9 Level
1 3.2.8 - this is what I had sent a while back from Cloud9. Long story
short I found that the Modules disk has a corrupted directory track, I
couldn't run to completion the MB script to build me a new bootdisk and
alongside the process I saw several 'path name not found' errors. Got that
Modules floppy onto my OS9L2 setup on the CoCo 3 and ran the TREE utility
on it... sure enough it bombed after trying to list the 6809L1 folder and
sub-levels to it. Oddly enough on the OS9L1 CoCo I could list the directory
contents of SCRIPTS and BOOTLISTS but I could not on the OS9L2 setup.

Thought I could re-do the real floppy from the DSK image on my SDC -
mounted the NitrOS9 boot from its image and turned drive 1 off, confirmed
while still on RSDOS (ADOS actually).

Soon as OS9 boots up the real floppy drive can't be accessed, returning to
ADOS I see the 'off' condition as 'on' in the SDC for DRIVE 1.

Have not tried with the stock OS9 L1 disks - if that were to be the case
(which I don't think it is) that while booting NitrOS9 something gets
thrown out of the way on the SDC.

Anyone been able to boot OS9 L1 form an SDC and keep the ability to access
a real floppy?

-- RP