[Coco] "Ultimate" CoCoSDC Image

Travis Poppe travispoppe at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 22:38:19 EST 2016

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 10:17:32PM -0500, Barry Nelson wrote:
> Ooops! I sent a rom with the offset set to zero. Check the following bytes:
> PRINT PEEK(&HD938):PRINT PEEK(&HD939):PRINT PEEK(&HD93A)
> That should return
> 5
> 160
> 0
> Unfortunately, I just checked the copy I uploaded and it will return
> 0
> 0
> 0
> instead. Try this after starting HDBDOS:
> POKE &HD938,5:POKE &HD939,160:POKE &HD93A,0:POKE 113,0:DLOAD
>
> If that works, reflash the HDBDOS, but insert these pokes in line 125 of the FLASH.BAS program before you run it. This is ONLY for this HDBDOS image. If you use it to flash other ROM's do not add these pokes.
> 125 POKE &H5938,5:POKE &H5939,160:POKE &H593A,0
>
> This will set the offset to where the BASIC disk images start on the hard drive.

Unfortunately, typing anything into the flashed HDB-DOS prompt (RUN @3)
causes the system to lock with garbled text, including the POKEs. I
attempted the line 125 mod, but got an FC error when I tried to run the
script. I'll give it a go again to make sure I didn't typo anything, but
I checked it a couple of times.

Thanks for the help!
--
Travis Poppe