[Coco] Gotek a GO after all!

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 16:12:14 EST 2016

I feel stupid.  After a bit more poking around, I realized that the floppy
cable was not bringing side-select through.  I seem to recall that this is
the default for Tandy branded cables (?).  After swapping in a real drive
cable with all 34-pins intact, it works just fine.

However, in testing bulk read of files from the Gotek I'm running into
some silliness where I cannot write anything to the mounted Drivewire
volumes.  Neither one of them shows as write-protected, but all attempts
at writing anything to either volume fail immediately with errors.  What
am I missing here?

Steve